Friday 29 August 2008

Northern Ireland Again!!

BACK.

After somewhat of a personal emotional rollercoast of a summer, though still awesome as I caught up with & had incredibly adventures with my loved ones, I am in Northern Ireland yet again! As I write this, I am sitting in Lorraine's fabulously comfortable & humble estate at Beresford Hill in County Down. The closet space available to me is overwhelming as I have the entire wardroabe (which takes up an entire wall) to myself this year. I'm at a loss as to what to do with all the space- I feel like all my stuff is scattered around the four corners of the world! (Ashleigh, I miss you!!!)

Cheryl picked me up at the airport & then took me out for "coffee" (I got water, a clementine, & a slice of square tomato-basil-mozzerella pizza). I spent the remainder of the afternoon unpacking & power-napping. Upon dinnertime, the Bailies' picked me up again (oh, this was after I woke up to a sweet hug from my sweet mummy Lorraine!) & we chowed down on Chinese food in their living room. I met the newest addition to the Bailie family as well- Molly, their rabbit. She's SO CUTE! --except that she poops everywhere. But pooping seemingly uncontrollably is Molly's only flaw =]

I walked back to Lorraine's in the silent twilight & pondered my feelings. The walk felt normal- completely familiar. I seemed to need to remind myself that I've been away for six weeks. I do miss my family (& the sun) at the minute, which makes the move feel more real.

However, I feel like I'm in control & that this year will be familiar & that I know exactly what I'm doing. This scares me. It also makes me feel less confident & wary because I know I know nothing about this year, & I have never had less control. Everything is too familiar & comfortable for my own good!! I am anxious for everything to get started so that the familiarity becomes blurred.

Love.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love.

N said...

im so excited for you and i love keeping up with all that youre doing with northern ireland. God has so much in store for you this year, i can just feel it in my fingers and toes. love you doyles!