Monday 9 June 2008

not just a boulevard of broken dreams.

It makes me sick how they make millions from our young peoples' misery.

"They"= the producers of music & media drowning my generation's minds with lies of rage, depression, & sex. Life doesn't have to suck, but as they continually enforce the thought that "it doesn't get any better than this", my generation's hope & genuine laughter is churned into their fancy cars and diamond earrings.

This has got to stop.


****I'd like to bring to your attention a mistake that i made in previous posts. My mom kindly informed me that Half the Sky is in fact not an adoption agency, but rather "it's a non-profit organization (based in CA) that sets up pre-schools in the orphanages in China where the government allows them to do so. " Thanks Mom!****

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true. i love you. and i love your blog. and if i knew how to make one and had time i would. you're always in my prayers!!

Briana Finegan said...

I think sometimes it's hard to differentiate between people who are trying to exorcise their demons through music and people who are trying to capitalize on the insecurities of adolescence. The latter is certainly deplorable, but again, it's hard to tell people's intentions, particularly in art. I agree that there is an over-saturation of music that sort of glorifies sex and drugs and what have you, but as someone who has suffered from depression, I know that sometimes trying to turn it into art is all you can do. I guess that's just my two cents.

In reference to previous posts, I think that as long as you believe in what you are doing and feel that it is important, you can't go wrong.

Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog even if I don't necessarily agree with you on everything.

amanda fawn said...

thanks for your two cents briana.
i guess i'm just trying to say that i feel like the mass media is selling suffering to our generation, & we continue to buy it without realizing the damage we're doing to ourselves. & then they don't bother to point the damage out to us because they're making millions off of it.
ps is your blog public? because whenever i try to get onto it i can't.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog on blogspot - I think that's just the default for comments. I have a livejournal, but I'm not sure if you can access it through open access.